Frequently Asked Questions

Q. Do I need to employ a full time Transport Manager if I hold a National or Standard International Operator Licence?

A. No, it is not necessary to employ a full-time Transport Manager to satisfy this legal requirement. Outsourcing your CPC holder is an acceptable method of O licence compliance.

Q. Can Transport Consultant undertake an operators licence application or a major variation on my behalf?

A. YES we can.

Q. Do I need an operators licence?

A. If you operate vehicles in excess of 3500 kgs gross weight then YES you do require an operators licence.

Q. I only move my own goods, do I need a CPC holder?

A. No, as long as you do not move goods for another business you do not require a CPC holder for a Restricted licence.

Q. Do I require a CPC holder / Transport Manager?

A. If you operate as a transport contractor and charge for transport services then YES.

Q. I have a Standard licence and a National CPC holder and need to start work in Europe, must my TM first pass an International CPC before I can start work?

A. No, you can submit an application to DVSA to upgrade your licence to a standard International Licence now and appoint an International CPC holder to be responsible for the International journeys only, depending on the size of your fleet the International CPC holder may be part-time.

Have Another Question? Get In Touch...

Comprehensive Transport Management Solutions